Sunday 12 August 2012

I'm Finna Eat Some Hella Tasty Noms, Chuck

A small assortment of the delicious foods I have been eating during my stay! The family I'm staying with keeps vegan (except for honey!) so I've mostly eaten vegan since being here. It's been a totally different experience but not bad in the slightest. I'm definitely going to miss the meals and all the new and different fruits I've been eating.

Mangoes, a little messy!

Naseberry

Roasting breadfruit

Ackee (with the posion still inside)

Sorrel

Jackfruit tree

Erin's baby jackfruit

Chocolate

Jellies!

Noonie, which is made into a very healthy, if pungent, juice

Fried dumplings, ackee, broccoli, cabbage salad

 Sweetsop

Starfruit

Sweet potato pudding

Another jelly! (I don't think you're ready for this jelly)

And another! (the best break-time snack)

More chocolate!

Fried plantains, callaloo

Green beans, beans, ackee, Irish (potatoes)

Johnny cakes (banana pancakes), Irish

Plantain

Cowboy pineapples!

Ackee, breadfruit

100 lbs of watermelon!

Fried breadfruit, callaloo

Jerk chicken, Red Stripe

Stages of a guinep

Honeycomb

Bananas

Joose!

I did not eat this, but Erin and I found it in the supermarket and though it was funny. We are 12.

Bread, salad, pear (avocado), beans

Rice, ackee

Jamaican apples

No comments:

Post a Comment